Where is SQL Server Management Studio Express 2012?
Installing SQL Server Management Studio Express Tools
If you had recently upgraded your development copy of SQL Express, and are looking for the management tools, I found it after an hour of searching. Microsoft did not make this obvious.
It is probably in your original SQL Server Express installation file, provided you originally downloaded "SQL Server Express 2012 with Tools" (this also works with version 2010). Here are the steps:
1. Re-launch the original SQL Server Installation file
2. Choose Installation, "New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features..."
3. Click Next on the Update screen. Wait for the scan.
4. On the "Installation Type" panel, click "Add Features to an existing instance". Click Next.
5. Choose "Management Tools - Basic". Click Next and allow it to install.
The issue: If you upgraded from a previous version, and did not have Management Studio Tools installed, the upgrade will not prompt you for them. Microsoft's site seems to imply the tools are a separate download, they are not.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Ssms.exe"